Re: possible accident

From: AMCXPRESS@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 15:28:38 EDT

I bought a Chevy Astro back in 1995. It was brand new and I traded a vehicle
in on it.
I had it a few days and took it to the shop to have some custom wheels put
on. Up on the lift the mechanic noticed some overspray, some masking tape,
and some grinding and sanding marks. Called the dealer, he was shocked.
Brought the truck in so they could inspect it. Gave me a loaner for a few
days until they were done. They determined it was done prior to them getting
the truck on the lot. They offered to repaint it for me or give me a new
truck, but they couldn't find the same color and said I had to pick one out
of their stock. I wasn't happy and called Chevrolet HQ's in Michigan. Gave
them the VIN # and they did a check. Turns out they had no record of it being
damaged at all. Said if it was it would have been repaired at the plant and
you would never know it was damaged. Even if it was damaged in transit they
would have a report. I believe they are responsible until the dealer takes
delivery. I filed a complaint with Chevrolet HQ's about the dealer and took
my trade in back plus my cash and went somewhere else. Turns out the dealer
did a bunch of work to my trade in too so I came out ahead on that deal.

Dave
AMCXPRESS@aol.com