Re: possible accident

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 21:18:14 EDT

Just a thought (in both cases here, your van and the Durango), it's
possible that the work was done at the factory after it rolled off the
line. If the vehicle fails final inspection, usually the factory will
try to go back and rework whatever failed (bad paint on a body panel,
something misaligned, etc.) a few times before they scrap it.

My father's Durango (a special-order) didn't pass final inspection when
it came off the line; got sent back through a couple departments (paint
included), then they decided it wasn't fixable so they put that one out
to pasture and built a new one. The one that failed? Probably became a
test mule, or was torn down for training, or God only knows what else.
But, had they been able to bring it up to spec, it would have been
shipped to him.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@bigfoot.com ------------------------------------------------------------- "We like AMD. The enemy of our enemy is our friend." --- Jonathan Schwartz Sun senior vice president -------------------------------------------------------------