Re: DML Where Is Everyone From ?????

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@flometrics.com)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 06:13:54 EDT

Seth,
No hemi... The Barracuda runs a "truck series" spec 318 punched out .060
(after extensive sonic testing)... Its a fun combo. Big blocks in E bodies
compromise the handling a bit too much for my driving style these days (I
hate looking "backwards" at speed...). Its a bit faster than the R/T is,
but Ive got a lot into the motor/trans combo and its lighter to boot. Dak
content:
To go fast my Cuda has:
ported heads: $1100.00
Full race block prep with ARP everything $800.00
modified forged pistons $400.00
mild cam (not for long) $200.00
roller rockers $350.00
etc etc etc
cost (approx): $3200.00 for the motor (what the heck, I had some severance
money and I wanted to see how well a 318 can run!)
ET about 14.0 @ 97 (traction limited right now, busted Posi)
You can go just about as fast in a Dakota that weighs about 1Klbs more for
the same money!
Feel better? Mopars have never been cheap to modify!
Bruce