Re: Update to the new 4.7 Customize Intake Tube

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 21:13:08 EDT

I think that shielding would be the most innovative addition to any kit as most
don't seem to bother with it.

For my po'boy, my next step is to 'heatshield 'and 'air redirect' the filter
zone.

There appear to be 3 sources of cool air:
1) radiator gap
2) between engine and body/fender well area
3) from hole in fender/corner well area (where stock air box is vaguely aimed).

When I eyeball it, if I could get shielding in to protect those cold air
sources, and also to help direct it to the filter, it could make a big
difference.