Re: 4.7 Idle Oscillation Problem... The Dealer (long)

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 04:53:18 EDT

Chris-

It is illegal under the Magnussan-Moss Warranty act to require a particular
brand part unless they choose to provide said brand part free of charge
during the period of the warranty coverage. The Champion business was pure
unadulterated BS.

A different issue would be a non-stock heat range plug of any make. In
such a case a dealer may properly deny you coverage for something directly
related to proper heat range plugs such as plug fouling or detonation.

Never accept a slight, insult, or denial from a dealer. NEVER ACCEPT BEING
LIED TO BY A DEALER. Raise hell with the district, the zone, and
corporate. Keep a careful record of your conversations with dealer staff.
Be able to provide a written chronology. Detailed oriented people make
great witnesses, and great witnesses make liable corporations nervous.
and...the Squeaky dak owner gets the worm....Now if I could fix my squeaky
Dak....

-STE