Re: gear ratios & acceleration

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 10:49:10 EDT

    I haven't had the opportunity to go head-to-head against
another Dakota, but since my gear change (3:55 to 3:90) I can
safely say that off the line has dramatically changed. I also
noticed an improvement at highway passing speeds with my
new gears. If you upgrade your 3:21's to 3:55's you will
definitely see an improvement. If you want to go one step
further and install the 3:90's, you'll be grinning like the Cheshire
cat when you first take off ;-)

Chuck Robbins
'99 Intense Blue Dakota
www.intense99dak.com