Re: Xfer Case Skid Plate

From: Jason Bleazard (drazaelb@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 17:14:44 EDT

--- Killerdak@aol.com wrote:
> Kyle, you have any pics of the Gen II Xfer case skid plate
> installed? I
> picked one up from the dealer this week and for the life of me I
> can't figure
> out how it bolts in...I think they might have given me the wrong
> one perhaps...?

The geniuses at my parts dept. gave me the wrong one the first time.
The original part number apparently got updated to a new part number,
and it really confused them. I think what I had was for a Ram or
something.

Once you get the right plate, it's pretty obvious how it goes on.
The holes are already drilled in the frame, and line right up with
the holes in the plate. After all, there are only four possible
orientations for the thing.

My point is that if it takes more than 30 seconds to figure out, I'm
guessing it's the wrong plate.

I thought I might have had some pics of when we installed mine, but
none of them are clear enough to see it. I can get a scan out of the
'95 FSM if you need them -- should be identical.

=====
Linux: Because a 486 is a terrible thing to waste.