Re: 4.7 Idle Oscillation Problem... The Dealer (long) UPDATE

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 21:09:43 EDT

Well I took th dak back to the dealer today to talk with the foreman, he
was very nice and spent about 1 hour and 15 minutes with me, working 1 hour
late in the process... He agrees that i have a problem but he has no idea
what he is going to do to fix it, so he is going to call Chryslers
technician tech line to try to get an answer. Hopefully they have
something but at least he agreed i have a problem, i will be going to the
manager of the dealership and talking with them about the attitude of the
service manager in 2 weeks when I am back from kentucky again...

Chris

>Chris-
>
>It is illegal under the Magnussan-Moss Warranty act to require a particular
>brand part unless they choose to provide said brand part free of charge
>during the period of the warranty coverage. The Champion business was pure
>unadulterated BS.
>
>A different issue would be a non-stock heat range plug of any make. In
>such a case a dealer may properly deny you coverage for something directly
>related to proper heat range plugs such as plug fouling or detonation.
>
>Never accept a slight, insult, or denial from a dealer. NEVER ACCEPT BEING
>LIED TO BY A DEALER. Raise hell with the district, the zone, and
>corporate. Keep a careful record of your conversations with dealer staff.
>Be able to provide a written chronology. Detailed oriented people make
>great witnesses, and great witnesses make liable corporations nervous.
>and...the Squeaky dak owner gets the worm....Now if I could fix my squeaky
>Dak....
>
>- -STE

'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Traction Bars, Spring
Clamps, Magnum Front Plate, Quick D Intake, "Smoke Em" Decal, Paint
In bed-liner, More to come
http://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm