Attn:David - Powertrax was: Front Locker

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 09:40:05 EDT

David,
  Could you explain to me how the Powertrax No-Slip works. I got a recent
catalog in the mail that explained different lockers, but only served to
confuse me a bit more. I was leaning toward a "gear-less" locker, but
wasn't aware (wasn't thinking really) that it used clutches. I think it
explained it this way. Wouldn't the clutches wear eventually as in a
limited slip? Is the Powertrax a gear-less locker? Any info you could give
would be great...price, noise, installation ease.
Thanks!
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/
BTW: when I first investigated into locking the rear, I was told by the guys
at the local "Moab Off-Road of Kentucky" that I was better off investing my
money into a wench rather than a locker if I planned on doing a lot of
street driving with my truck.