RE: Attn:David - Powertrax was: Front Locker

From: David Martin (dakota@ivyleague.net)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 10:10:51 EDT

>> BTW: when I first investigated into locking
>> the rear, I was told by the guys at the
>> local "Moab Off-Road of Kentucky" that I
>> was better off investing my money into a
>> wench rather than a locker if I planned on
>> doing a lot of street driving with my truck.

Aaron,

I have both a No-Slip in the rear of my Dak and a Warn winch on the front.

The No-Slip makes a world of difference when off-roading and I have found it
to be VERY well behaved on pavement. My brother has a Detroit locker in his
Jeep CJ7 and he has very noticeable "locker attitude" ( banging/popping when
turning, etc... ) where as the only real way I can tell the No-Slip is back
there is that the truck a WHOLE LOT more of traction when starting out and
it takes quite a bit more to break the tires loose...but when I do it leaves
two 12.5 inch wide black marks instead of one.

As far as off-road performance goes I think the $400 I spent on the No-Slip
is just about the best money I spent...except for maybe the front basher, as
I like to run into/over things.

It was also very easy to install...I did mine in my yard in about 1 1/2
hours with only regular hand tools and a torgue wrench.

David