Re: gear ratios & acceleration

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 10:58:19 EDT

Dial idicator for backlash setting. If you've never done one, at least have
someone with you who has...just in case. They're not that hard to swap out,
but it does require checking and rechecking the backlash.

I can tell you one thing, the 3.90's did wonders for my truck (went from 3.55)
and you will notice a decent change in acceleration from the 3.21 - 3.55 swap.

Don't forget to change the speedo gear....Dodge has a listing for the correct
gear for the 3.21, 3.55, and 3.90 gear ratios with factory size tires.

- Bernd