Re: Re: CT Autocross

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 12:08:10 EDT

Autocross is an absolute blast! You do have to be careful in high center
of gravity vehicles. Most SCCA regions have adopted a safety rule that the
bottom of the drivers door must be less than 17 inches from the ground.
Some of the 4x4's might have a hard time with that one.

Also some A/T style tires would be prone to chunking. Huh...Not just
Firestones!

Regardless of your tire type you'll probably want to run a minimum of 5 lbs
over your listed max pressure in the front. Be sure to lower them back
after racing! In the rear, you'll probably want atleast 15lbs less than
the front. I run 46lbs front and 28lbs rear in my OE Badyear LS's.

The extra pressure helps the sidewalls from rolling over on you. You can
get tire chalk at Pep Boys and mark the sidewalls to tune the right
pressure for you!

I'm totally hooked on Autox cross now thanks to Gary Pinkley. He created a
monster! If anybody has questions, concerns, need advice feel free to ask.

-STE