Re: 3923's in a 4.7L-HELP!!! Platinum vs. Copper

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 13:06:41 EDT

Steve, I replaced my factory Champions with the Autolite Platinum Pro's in my
4.7. The main reason I changed was just to get the old ones out and make sure
that there was anti-seize put on what ever I replaced them with. The Autolites
are doing just fine and the thing runs great with them. I can't imagine
putting in copper plugs in to get maybe 1 or 2 short-lived horses if there is a
posibility that it could damage the ignition system. The Platinum Pro's are not
cheap though. They were almost $5 each. You could go with the standard Autolite
Platinums and I think they are about $2 or $2.50 each. I figured I wasn't going
to need to change them for a couple years so I decided to spring for the more
expensive ones. YMMV