Re: Re: Re: Re: 3923's in a 4.7L-HELP!!! Platinum vs. Copper

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 13:36:17 EDT

Regardless of what the Dodge article and all the advertising claims, I'm
uncomfortable with the idea that Platinum would conduct better than Copper.
Especially, since it is bonded to the copper as Luke points out.

Tom Wickessor sent me an interresting link. Check it out!

This is the proof:
http://wulff.mit.edu/pt/pert7.html
AG=gold, CU=copper, PT=platinum

Gold is the best electrical conductor, then copper.

Another question. Duck!

Would a +4 design, regardless of whatever advantage it may offer in
presenting the spark to the mixture, require more spark energy to jump the
gap(s)??? Sometimes, I'd just love to be able to download multiple
engineering degrees and plug it in to spare memory.

-STE