Re: Mopar Performance Timing Chain

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 00:19:32 EDT

That's ashame. I've heard a rash of MP parts blunders lately. You don't
hear about them much on DML cause we don't use many, but you hear about it
on the muscle car lists. Two years ago was the batch of bad oil pumps.
That ruined a few engines...

MP's response, well up should tear down and blueprint any oil pump you buy.
Well...I do. But I don't think that's a reasonable thing to ask from a
high school student with a dart 318 replacing a tired original pump and
adding a windage tray to his ride.

A very frustrating lack of quality and they have recently started jacking
the prices WAY up. Many popular parts packages have doubled in price this
year. All the "deals" are gone. Stuff like the Clutch Fan package that
was an extraordinary deal. More than doubled at most discount MP
distributors.

Less quality and higher prices. Sounds like what we would expect from the
company that has just teased us with cool stuff and now pulled the rug out
from under us...

Its called the post merger Cash out.... Time to get that stock price up
temporarily so the exec's can cash out their pre-merger options. The
future be damned....

-STE