Re: TIRE CHOICES

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 00:31:22 EDT

Those are great 60ft's.

They must have softened the T/A's a little. I had 245-60-15 T/A's on my
Cuda in HS. Thought they hooked pretty decent on the street (with the
battery in the trunk and a little 318). Went to the track for the first
time. YIKES!!! I thought I was on ICE!!! And all the racers said, yeah
that's what T/A's do on a drag race starting line...NO traction. But that
was 1983! Some improvement in 17 years? Probably!

I really want a 50 series because of the sidewall rollover when I autocross
or canyon carve. Hence the reason I'm leaning towards the T/A's in a
295-50-15. I'm not sure the Dueler H/P has that size, but I'll look into
it. WHY CAN'T PIRELLI MAKE A BIGGER TIRE!!!

-STE