Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 3923's in a 4.7L-HELP!!! Platinum vs. Copper

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@mediaone.net)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 00:35:52 EDT

Silver is a great conductor, way better than gold. Gold is usually used
because it is good at resisting oxidation, silver is not. In order for
silver to work well, oxidation must be cleaned off regularily or the
connections must be sealed somehow. Platinum is better that gold, but is
more brittle, more resistant to heat, and very expensive. Silver is softer
and is used mostly in lower temperature electrical connections, in fact,
silver flows so well, it can alter a circuit unless it is compensated for.

Mark Kuzia
flyboy01@mediaone.net
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html
1995 Dakota 13.79 @ 102.45 mph