RE: TIRE CHOICES

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 09:58:30 EDT

I really like my Firehawk SH30 tires. Yes, they are made by Firestone, but
they are a totally different tire, made entirely somewhere else, than the
exploding ATX tires. They are the best-handling tire I've used so far
(haven't used the T/A's, but the SH30's are WAY better than, say, General
XP2000's. They still spin a little during acceleration (don't think I'll
find a tire that won't...), but they grip like nobody's business in the
corners. I had to upgrade my cheap ARE lugnuts, because the laterel g's
were stripping the threads ;-)

I don't know if they have SH30's in the size you're wanting - I'm running
225/60/15's on AR-767 15x8 rims. You can probably get a pretty good deal at
Firestone right now, they are probably hurting for business. (I paid $69
each for my tires, dealer wanted $92/ea., but matched a www.tirerack.com
price).
HTH

--