aluminum heads--re re

From: Tim (magnum318@uswest.net)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 11:54:49 EDT

 I think that aluminum heads would really help. Just be sure that whoever
makes them that they have larger valves on the intake and exhaust to give
better air and exhaust flow. Also have a good mechanic that knows how to
port heads, so that when you get them,you can have them ported to your
intake and exhaust for an amazing hp increase. You will also need special
head gasket,intake and exhaust gaskets for proper sealing due to the
different rates of expansion of the metals. See on the valves if they're
stainless,titanium, or just factory and if factory, see how much you can
upgrade to stainless and also get dual springs to keep the valves from
floating at upper RPMs. You should have one heck of a killer engine when
done. If I left anything out the other DMLers will let you know.
  Tim R.