This will ruin your day....

From: Stephen Dampier (guldam@sirius.com)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 02:18:57 EDT

Let me think. There's Macintosh. Then there's Macintosh. And then of
course there is Macintosh.

It's not only a decent home-user OS it's also great for professional use.
I use my Mac for Graphics, Photoshop work, DeskTop Publishing, HTML,
Javascript. I can check my email, browse the web, run MicroSoft Office,
play games, run Quicken, edit Video, edit audio, play MP3's, burn CDs,
create 3d animations and a few other things.

Oh but I guess there's so much more software available for a PC.

Not that I'm a Mac Zealot or anything. I use Virtual PC (Yes, Windows on
a Mac) at work to test my Mac code to make sure I don't crash Explorer or
Navigator on the PC. I do have an NT machine next to me that I rarely use
since everything generally works for me on one machine.

I installed Mac OS X Beta on a machine at work and in five minutes was
running Apache to host a website. Pretty amazing once you look beyond the
eye candy. Try getting Apache set up on a Linux Machine five minutes
after you install the OS. Try the same on NT.

Dakota Content:
Washed and waxed the Dakota today and peeled off the Sport stickers on
the doors. More work than I thought, and ended up having to use WD-40 to
get the glue off. Thumb nails will be sore tomorrow.

Amazing lack of quality on the Dakota when you start to look at the
paint. I keep counting new bubbles, hairs and other junk under the paint,
in the paint and dryed on the surface. I also think my Black Dakota isn't
really black. If I park next to another black vehicle, the other car or
truck always looks darker.

If I had found this poor quality paint while at the dealership I would
have refused the vehicle.
They did a pretty good job of disguising the flaws by using some sort of
super wet looking wax that disappeared with the first wash.

Still, I love the truck, especially when I punch it and the sucker takes
off!

steveOh