V-8 idea/swap

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 18:42:46 EDT

Ok, I have saved up some funds and have decided to go with the V-8 swap. I
was flipping through the MP catalog and got an idea. Ok, on the 360, it has
a 4.00 bore with a 3.58 stroke. If I bore it out .060 and swap in a MP crank
with a 4.00 stroke, then I will end up with 412 cubic inches of raw power
under the hood. Of course I would use the MPI intake, aluminum heads, CR of
about 10:1, JBA headers, true 2-1/2" dual Flowmasters with Dual 3" high flow
converters, the MP four barrel TB, along with a custom computer. I have
figured up prices and everything and I will still have plenty of money left
in my pocket for a possible blower (hehehe look out Bernd!!). What do y'all
think? I am thinking about starting now!! I already have a complete 360
magnum block and my trans will bolt up too it and it allready built to take
up to 550 horses. I know I will need some massive injectors and a few other
things (fuel pump, pressure regulator, etc...) Let me know what y'all think.

Will
96 Cylindrically Challenged (Soon to be Bad A** 412 V-8) V-6