Re: 42RE/44RE Identification

From: Mike Klinke (LSOMike@email.msn.com)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 23:19:31 EDT

If no one can give you a visual cue, the part number should be stamped on
the left side of the case just above the oil pan gasket surface. You should
see three numbers stamped there. The first number will be the part number
followed by the build date and the serial number according to the FSM.

Regards, Mike Klinke