Re: Re: 42RE/44RE Identification

From: Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 23:36:01 EDT

In a message dated 10/22/00 8:31:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
LSOMike@email.msn.com writes:

> If no one can give you a visual cue, the part number should be stamped on
> the left side of the case just above the oil pan gasket surface. You should
> see three numbers stamped there. The first number will be the part number
> followed by the build date and the serial number according to the FSM.
>
> Regards, Mike Klinke

Thank you very much, this and or something like a visual cue is a great help!
 I'm on with 727's and 904's and even distinguishing between \6 LA and B/RB
bell housings, but these new fangled OD things I dunno about, even if they
are based on the old stuff, :o) Thanks again!

Luke
1996 Black 4x4 Dakota, SLT CC SB, 318, 3" 2 Chamber Flowmaster cat back
exhaust, 9" open element Mr. Gasket Air cleaner, A-500 Or is it? 3.55 geared
Peg Leg 8 1/4, 31 10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, Alpine CD player, Infinity Kappa
Speakers.
Coming soon: E-Body 8 3/4" Rear axle, 3.55 gears, Detroit locker, 10" Brakes,
and Moser Engineering custom alloy axles!