Re: Roller Rocker installation tips?

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 23:57:12 EDT

Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com wrote:
>full time job, that will be different, then I can afford to run premium. So
>it seems that roller rockers will improve my performance, work with my other
>Mods and allow me to still run poor boys fuel. SOOO how hard are these to
>install? I'm looking at Crower 1.6 ratio and Hughes engines 1.6 Ratio.

If you're looking for performance gain, there are a lot of mods I
would recommend before doing roller rockers. Especially 1.6 rollers.
This mod will not gain you much bang for the buck, plus the install is
more work that many other mods. I put in 1.7 rollers, but only after
I had done a lot of other mods first. I noticed a slight gain on the
top end, but nothing dramatic. Certainly not the kind of gain I
experienced with other mods, such as the PCM or headers.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
14.769 @ 91.43
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club, Executive Board, SE Region
http://users.isaac.net/therrin/dakota.html