Roller Rocker installation tips?

From: Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 20:29:03 EDT

Hello everyone,
I'm thinking my next upgrade will be roller rockers. I still want hedders,
but the cost of MP hedders and the cost of having them coated is well out of
my budget right now. I also want to install the MP computer, which I could
afford, but I don't want to have to use 93 all the time, maybe when I have a
full time job, that will be different, then I can afford to run premium. So
it seems that roller rockers will improve my performance, work with my other
Mods and allow me to still run poor boys fuel. SOOO how hard are these to
install? I'm looking at Crower 1.6 ratio and Hughes engines 1.6 Ratio.
Hughes uses the factory pushrods and has a unique pedistal mount, theirs sell
for $259.00 right now. The Crower ones I found on E-bay and currently have
no bids with a starting bid of $100, they come with studs and guide plates,
but with guide plates don't I have to run hardened pushrods? If so then the
cost of running Crowers is right up with the cost of Hughes, and that's
provided that I get the Rockers, guide plates ans studs for $100 and pushrods
at $153 (www.hughesengines.com) for hardened pushrods. How hard are the arms
to install? Do magnums have screw in studs, or press in? Just curious!
Looking forward to tips and tricks!

Luke
1996 Black 4x4 Dakota, CC SB, 318, 3" 2 Chamber Flowmaster cat back exhaust,
9" open element Mr. Gasket Ait cleaner, A-500 3.55 geared Peg Leg 8 1/4, 31
10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, Alpine CD player, Infinity Kappa Speakers.
Coming soon: E-Body 8 3/4" Rear axle, 3.55 gears, Detroit locker, 10" Brakes,
and Moser Engineering custom alloy axles!