Re: Opinion Sought

From: Jack Paulson (cybermail1@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 09:55:51 EDT

Please post the answer to no. 3 when you find it.
Thanks
--- "Brian.Boyes" <Brian.Boyes@Sympatico.ca> wrote:
> My apologies to those who already saw this on the
> aadt group, but I didn't
> get any responses there and hadn't heard of this
> list yet (which I think is
> the best, BTW).
>
> I have a 2000 Dakota QC Sport 4x2. 4.7l auto the I
> bought in September. The
> 0.8% financing was what I had been waiting for after
> drooling over these
> trucks all year. There are a few things I need to
> get soon and I have a few
> questions and would like a few recommendations.
>
> 1. I got a soft tonneau cover, and I'm planning on
> putting in a bedrug
> because there is some stuff I need to carry that
> requires a bit softer ride,
> but I would like some sort of lockable storage. So
> I'm looking for
> recommendations for a good, lockable box that is no
> higher than the bed. The
> problem is finding a box that is the right height
> and that will also fit
> between the wells. Also would like to know how
> people have found the bedrug
> stands up to the elements (cold, snow, etc).
>
> 2. Second, this had to have been the only Dakota 4x2
> around the didn't have
> the sport plus group, so it has the standard wheels
> and tires rather than
> the sport tires and upgraded suspension. It worked
> out well because I was
> planning to do a slight lower maybe and put better
> summer tires on nicer
> wheels on next year. Now my boss at work is a "car
> guy". He says that
> changing the suspension will make the ride worse and
> there is no point in
> trying to make a truck handle like a car. For anyone
> who has gone with
> aftermarket wheels and tires, how has it affected
> ride and handling? Is it
> possible to have the speedo/odometer adjust to
> reflect a different tire
> size?
>
> 3. A while ago I saw a truck with an expandable cap.
> That is, it has a hard
> shell that looks like a cab extension, and the cap
> slides out from it along
> tracks to the back of the bed. Looks like its made
> out of some sort of
> canvas. Without going into a lot of detail, its
> perfect for some of the
> things I want to carry. Does anyone have one of
> these extendable caps or
> know where I might get information about them?
>
> 4. Can you add the overhead computer after the fact?
> I think I saw this
> question before, but I can't remember where.
>
> 5. Can you add the steering wheel controls for the
> Radio/CD/Cassette player
> after the fact? I can't believe they ordered the top
> stereo and the leather
> steering wheel (which are both requirements for
> this) and then didn't add
> the $20 option for them damn steering wheel
> controls.
>
> You input and viewpoints are appreciated.

> [...]

=====
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 Automatic Sports Plus Package
31X10.5 tires Limited Slip 3.55 Trailer Tow Group
HD Package Skid Plates Added:Airaid air filter,Flowmaster 3 chamber,
Steel Horse Torneau cover, Autolite Double Platinum Spark Plugs,
Removed air horns from Throttle Boddy, added new TB bolts,
Cool Tape around air filter and A/C tubes-Smyrna, Georgia