Dark Garnet Red Dak...(longish)

From: Darren Asuncion (dakotaguy1999@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 14:52:07 EDT

Hi everyone,

Well I spent the weekend over in Anchorage testing out some new trucks. I
wanted to go for either a Ram or a Silverado (no flames please!), but I also
test drove stick-shift V6 and V8 Dakotas. The V6 is VERY peppy for its size
w/ the stick and the 3.92 gears (more so than my old Toyotas ever thought to
be!) Pretty impressive! Even more impressive is the 4.7 V8 stick w/ 3.92's
(supposedly pretty rare). My dislikes - electronic t-case (why must they do
this?!), and the 'squarish' dash. Anyway if all goes well, I may be
special-ordering another Dakota - a 2001 CC in either White or Dark Garnet
red. (QC's are awesome but the bed is 1'2" too short for what I need) It is
to my understanding that the garnet is only available on the SLT...can
anyone here show me pics of a garnet red Dak with the chrome grille and
bumpers? I really didn't like the chrome when I ordered my '99 a couple
years ago, which is why I got a Sport instead...but if the garnet looks good
in an SLT I might get that instead of a White sport... If anyone can send
me pics that would be so GREATLY appreciated!! The dealer here doesn't have
any in that color (not even durangos!) and won't have any for a month or
so...and I want to make my decision soon! Sorry for the long post, I think
I just got a little too excited about this! Thanks a bunch!

-Darren Asuncion (Fairbanks, AK)
fsdaa1@uaf.edu
http://www.geocities.com/dakotaguy1999/dakota.html
'99 Intense Blue CC, 4x4, Sport +, 5.2 V8, 44RE auto, 3.55 LSD, 4wheel ABS