Re: Tires cracking between tread blocks

From: Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 14:21:17 EDT

In a message dated 10/24/00 10:50:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
drazaelb@yahoo.com writes:

> I've never seen this before,
> is it serious? What causes it? Wrong pressure, crappy tires, bad
> luck?

It can be serious if you don't keep a close eye on it. What causes it? I'd
say a combination of things you listed, but more likely a fault of the tire
if they are wearing evenly. At work a truck has 30 is thousand miles on it's
Badyear RF-A tires, they aren't even 6 months old and they have cracks in the
tread. People like you I applaud, keeping a watchful eye on every component
in your truck, like tires, suspension, brakes etc prevents accidents! I'd go
back to where you bought them, see what they say, if they offer no help, just
keep an eye on the tires, if you start to see bubbles in the tread like cords
seperating, or can see belts thru the cracks replace the tires.

Luke
1996 Black 4x4 Dakota, SLT CC SB, 318, 3" 2 Chamber Flowmaster cat back
exhaust, 9" open element Mr. Gasket Air cleaner, A-518 / 46RE 3.55 geared Peg
Leg 8 1/4, 31 10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, Alpine CD player, Infinity Kappa
Speakers.
Coming soon: E-Body 8 3/4" Rear axle, 3.55 gears, Detroit locker, 10" Brakes,
and Moser Engineering custom alloy axles!