Tires cracking between tread blocks

From: Jason Bleazard (drazaelb@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 13:24:11 EDT

I noticed this morning that my tires are developing cracks in the
"valleys" between the tread blocks. Some of the cracks are pretty
good, the rubber is visibly separating. I've never seen this before,
is it serious? What causes it? Wrong pressure, crappy tires, bad
luck?

They're Pirelli Scorpion A/T in LT235/75R15. Only 30,000 miles on
them.

Thanks.

=====
Linux: Because a 486 is a terrible thing to waste.