Re: RE: RE: !!SWITCHING TIRES !! PLEASE HELP !!??!!

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 15:39:18 EDT

| Really the Toyo are better gripping tires than the BFG or even the
Michelin
| Pilots.

Than which BFG? I hate it when people lump every line a maker has
together. The BFG G-Force KD's are a pretty killer street tire. Can Toyo
play in that league? Not in Autocross circles.

I just went through all this Hell and know more about tires than you can
possibly imagine. If you want to stay with the Daks 15x8 rim in my case
you have severe limitations.

The absolute BEST tire available is the Pirelli Scorpian Zero 255-65-15 OR
255-60-15. Nothing else is close. If you want bigger the tires become
crap.

I subscribe to WIDER IS BETTER so I went nuts and ordered BFG EURO T/A
Reinforced sidewall 305-50-15. 12 inches of lousy compound cheap rubber.
At least I won't feel guilty when I roast them! If I wanted a stock width
and diameter I would buy the Pirelli's period. $515 out the door at
America's Tire. That's $106 a piece.