RE: do gen II daks have ping problems?

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 19:39:19 EDT

Wes,
Don't know about pre '95's, but '95 or '96 is ok. '95 is a
combination/introduction between OBD-I and OBD-II if I remember correctly.
'96 is straight ODB-II. My '96 would only ping slightly during the summer
with the A/C on using 87 octane. Using 89 octane took care of this; no
problem. Of course now with the Mopar PCM (and numerous other mods), it
doesn't ping, it ZINGS!!! :'B
Rich - Ashburn, VA
'96 SLT CC, 3:55, 5-speed, 318