DC Customer Satisfaction Notification- Front Axle Bolts

From: Robert Smith (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 22:41:31 EDT

Yowza! Did anyone else out there receive this notification from DC
concerning the 2K Dak & Durango 4X4s?

"The problem is... The front axle pinion nose bracket bolts on your Dak or
Durango may loosen after an extended period of time.(!)Loose pinion nose
bracket bolts can cause the left & right axle attaching brackets to BREAK
OFF, leaving the axle supported only by the axle shafts. This may also cause
front axle and/or propeller shaft damage."

I got this in the mail today. I didn't see this in the recent TSB postings.
Jeez!1 What else can happen to the front end of my Daksy? They've already
replaced the brake rotors at 16K miles.

Bob Smith
2K Dak SY CC Sport +
3.9l; V-6: 4X4