Attn. 4.76L Owners with "Clicking A/C" Problem

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 23:36:21 EDT

Check this out: (Posts from http://www.dodgedakotas.com)

"I have a 2000 Dakota, 2WD, 4.7L V8 and there is a clicking noise whenever
the AC is on. It doesn't happen much at idle but when you are driving it
clicks about every 3-5 seconds. It's extremely annoying but the dealer says
it's the normal sound of the AC system relay cycling. I was wondering if
anyone else notices this and do you have any way to fix it?"

"I found out how to fix this problem. There is a solenoid in the receiver
dryer that cycles a lot. The receiver dryer is mounted to the firewall with
a solid steel bracket. The noise from the solenoid transmits through the
bracket and into the cab of the truck. I fabricated my own mount for the
receiver dryer using some thick sheet steel and a rubber steering coupler
from a VW Bug! I mounted the bracket to the inside of the fender using one
of the hood hinge bolts. The noise can no longer be heard inside the truck."

If anyone needs more details, just email me at LeeMHo@aol.com.

Lee

Pretty ingenious!! :)

- Bernd