RE: Jet Chip Group Buy (v6 me too) - Kinda long

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 23:40:47 EDT

Right from their Website:

** What are they?

"STAGE 1:
If you have a stock engine with no other modification, this is the chip for
you. The JET Stage 1 performance Chip is programmed for maximum power
increases on a stock vehicle for improved performance under hard throttle
conditions such as towing and wide open throttle acceleration.
*Special Note: Stage 1 Chips are street legal in all 50 states. *CARB
EO#D-234-4

STAGE 2:
Designed for modified vehicles with low restriction exhaust and low
temperature thermostat. The JET Stage 2 Performance Chip has been calibrated
for peak horsepower in cases where the engine has been modified to run
cooler and the exhaust system is less restrictive than original equipment.
*Special Note: Stage II Chips are street legal in all 50 states. *CARB
E0#D-234-4

POWR-SHIFT:
For the ultimate in performance the PowrShift combines a STAGE2 with an
aggressive transmission program"

** What does it do?

"The ECM in the vehicle looks at various sensors such as manifold vacuum,
coolant temperature, throttle position and RPM, it then processes this
information and adjusts spark timing, air/fuel ratio and other parameter
according to the tables stored in the JET Performance chip/module memory. By
recalibrating these tables we are able to tune the engine for the maximum
horsepower and torque under various driving conditions."

** How do they do it?

"The programming changes to each JET chip are extensive and include modified
spark advance tables, air fuel ratio modification, torque converter lockup
(in automatics), shift improvement in electronic automatic transmission and
various other parameters to optimize the torque and horsepower curve for
each individual application. Chassis Dynamometer tuning allows JET to
develop a specific program for each application.

Every vehicle is first tested in a stock configuration to get baseline
dynamometer and track times. To do this the vehicle is connected to JET's
custom data acquisition system to monitor various sensors. Engine
temperature, spark advance and air/fuel ratios, all this data is then
recorded and stored away for later comparison.

>From there we start to modify the spark advance and fuel curve in 500 rpm
increments until we achieve the maximum torque and horsepower at the drive
wheels in each rpm and load range, this allows turning under all types of
various driving conditions and not just wide open throttle, a decisive
advantage to the JET chip!

All the Data is stored on disk and transferred to the JET chip program so
thorough track and street testing can be done under "real world driving
conditions" to assure the Dyno results prove out on the road in decreased
0-60 mph times and quicker ? miles acceleration."

- Bernd