Re: ABS and Parking Brake Lights won't go off!

From: Chris Hannon (cannon@kansas.net)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 23:50:25 EDT

Wow, I thought I was the only one who had those problems. It's done it to me many a times after burnouts and
driving fast.
I'm not really sure what it is. Some things that fixed it for me was to be completely stopped and push in the
brakes as far as you can. Mine clicked, don't know where the sound came from, and the ABS and Parking brake
lights went off and it was back to normal. A temporary fix though. The next burnout or quick deceleration and
it'd do it again.

You might have a screwed up master cylinder too. Mine had to be replaced at about 60,000 miles. I got those
symptoms you have with the ABS and parking brake lights about a month before I had to change the master cylinder.

Email me of the list if you have questions.

Chris Hannon
'95 Dakota Sport 3.9........I'm rebuilding the 360 now!