RE: Re: A/C bypass Serpentine Belt w/ASP Crank Pulley?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 22:44:05 EDT

For the defroster to work properly (as in remove the moisture from the air
to defrost your windows) the A/C compressor is required. If you just turn
on your defroster, you'll notice that it cycles the A/C compressor.

Look at it this way, you're driving in the rain and it starts to get muggy
and fog up your windows inside the cab. Blowing more muggy air won't help
your windows defrost at all...it'll just fog them up more.

- Bernd