Re: 408 Update and blower question

From: Frank T Holloway (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 20:55:07 EDT

Will,

Be careful there..... If you have cleaned up the heads and are using a decent intake (M-1) 29 lb/hr injectors is all you
need (310 CC). That's what we are using. I hope you are not using the factory rods (A-type or Magnums), you really
need to step up to either Eagle or Manley's. Factory rods are not up to snuff. What pistons are you using????? If they
are Diamond's pistons, then you have a static C/R with the Magnum heads right up around 12/1 (pumping compression) above 200 PSI unless you have a cam with a hell of a lot of overlap. Even the soon to be released
KB pistons, static compression is up to 10/1. If you are actually going to use a blower, use one of the after-market
injector plates and computer (Vortech, Paxton, etc). Smaller injectors (29 lb/hr) will give you a better spray pattern and
the plate will give you better fuel control under boost. Good luck with the head gaskets.

        Frank

ABeerCan@aol.com on 10/26/2000 05:17:00 PM