RE: Re[2]: Re: DODGE SUCKS Need help

From: Jack Yates (jack@blackdakrt.com)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 22:57:35 EDT

Guy..
       The dealers will do everything they can to avoid doing warranty
repairs. including stall until your time is up. Cause most people will
quietly go away with thier tail between thier legs (so to speak)
My local dealer wouldn't fix the radio within 2 weeks of buying mine used
from them.. at 28K miles. They said it was out of the dated part of the
warranty.. But when I purchased it. they were emphasizing that it had the
balance of the factory warranty. I still did an extended warranty on it as
well.. which covers absolutely nothing.
I took it in for a bad cat.. and after charging me $60 for diagnostics..
said they couldn't do any further testing without fixing a leak in the
radiator; and replacing the front brakes.. Neither of which would have been
under warranty.. and would have cost over $800. So I spent the $200 and
replaced the radiator & brakes myself.. and unfortunately.. that one was
totaled before gettign it back in to get the cat fixed..
Aaron

Why is it that dealers avoid warranty work so much? Is it because of the
labor? All they do when they replace any hardware is bill chrysler for that
hardware so they make out like bandits (this coming straight from my service
manager who is a god compared to those I read about). I assume it is because
they take it in the end as far as labor goes?

Later
Jack
http://blackdakrt.com