Re[4]: snippet from a california driving school

From: Guy Prince (biggles@ricochet.net)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 00:42:20 EDT

Terry,

   Yup I am hip. But my point out of responding to your statement was,
   what kills, kills. You drank nine beers and drove on purpose or you chose to
   race someone.
   Fer instance, some drunk runs over my boy and kills him. I get to
   shoot him.
   Or some bonehead racing kills my boy, I get to shoot him too.
   I cannot see my boy dead and think, "hey, the guy was racing, that
   isn't as bad as a drunk, I should be happy."
   Of course, my argument only works if someone gets hurt or damages
   personal property.
   If a drunk gets pulled over without incident, at least in CA,
   he/she is SCREWED !!! Financially mostly.
   If you get pulled over for racing, you get an extra point against
   your record but it doesn't cost you thousands in court costs and so
   forth. Or does it?