RE: 408 Update and blower question - Frank

From: Frank T Holloway (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 12:39:19 EDT

Steve,

No easy way to get the factory setup to recognize boost. You can modify the controller to rely on the TPS to control
injectors, but not really that accurate. There are two options (without redesigning the factory controller) to control
fuel under boost conditions. You can use a FMU (fancy device to control fuel pressure to the injectors) or you can
use additional injectors and an add on controller. My opinion.... use the additional injectors and use an aftermarket
boost retard igniton system to control ignition. Currently I am using an ignition device made by J&S Electronics.
The device is called SafeGuard. The device is an ignition system, but additionally it alters ignition on a cylinder by
cylinder basis. It uses a knock sensor to control timing for each cylinder. Not cheap, but it works........

        Frank

STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil on 10/27/2000 07:05:00 AM