Re: V6 JBA Header install tips...

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 20:06:13 EDT

Be VERY CAREFUL when pulling those studs, if it is taking more effort than it
should, back off and try a little more wd40 or whatever lube you choose. I
broke two of those things and ended up having to bring it to someone to
install. Be careful!
    As for the exhaust gaskets, you can use the stockers.

-Austin
Vipertruck

In a message dated 10/27/00 6:38:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dakota1994@hotmail.com writes:

> well i got my jba headers from austin today, thanks, now is there any
tricks
> that i should be aware of in putting these on?? i am putting them on a 94
> V6. so i think i am going to start spraying the bolts with spray lube for
> the next couple of days and try and get those bolts loosened up. that way
>
> can try not to break any off in the head. also does the stock gasket kit
> work for these?? can i just go to pep boys or where ever and pick up a
> set?? it should be pretty straight forward, i hope, and will hopefuly get
>
> little bit more power from the old 6er until i can do the 360 swap like
> austin just did...
> well thanks for any help...

-Austin
Vipertruck - "The Anti-Rice"
Supercharged 3.9L - 360 Work in progress
<A HREF="www.angelfire.com/ny/vipertruck">The Vipertruck</A>