Good story from the drag strip

From: WMBARRET@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 23:53:00 EDT

I line up in the staging lanes and get next to a '90 ish Ford Ranger RC 4X4,
the truck has about 6" of lift, 33" tires, and has been retro fitted with a
302 V-8. So I 'm sitting there thinking about having a little fun, at his
expense :) hee hee. So I decide I'm gonna let the tree go green, and let him
take off, give a big spot, just to see if I can catch him. Now keep in mind,
I have no idea what times this kid was running, I was guessing 17 ish. So the
light goes green, and he takes off, I count to about 3 and gun it, by this
time he's a good ways down there, and I'm thinking, "there ain't no way I'll
catch him", big crowd on hand watching, hee hee, so we get to the end and I
catch him, it was soooooo close I couldn't tell who won. I get my ticket,
BAWHAA HAAA, I beat him by 0.06 sec !!!!! He ran a 18.02, and I 14.48, his
reaction was 1.5, and mine.... 4.98 sec. BAWAAA HAA HAAAA, Most fun I have
ever had!!!!!!

Matt Y2K-HEMI
'00 RC 4.7L 5spd
14.48 @ 92.45