Re: Durango R/T PCM update

From: Scott Quaranta (mquarantaca@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 00:24:51 EDT

on 10/27/00 9:15 PM, Tom at mopar98@webtv.net wrote:

> Starting today 10-27-00 the Newark assembly plant is installing updated
> PCM's in the Durango R/Ts to allow them to use regular(87 octane fuel).
> previosly they only recomended premium fuel in them....
> The Newark assembly plant will be shut down fo one week starting on the
> 30th of Oct.........production will resume on the 6th of November.
>
> 1994 Dodge Dakota Sport V6(1 of 2,986)
> 1995 Dodge Dakota Sport V6 (RIP)
> 1995 Dodge Stratus ES(1 of 593)
> 1989 Dodge Daytona(1 of 1,196)
> 1988 Dodge Daytona Pacifica(1 of 457)
> http://home.talkcity.com/hotrodrd/mopar98/dakotasport

That is because the Durango R/T's had the timing and fuel advance of the
performance Pam and now since Chrysler has decided to halt production on 4x4
perf. pcms due to the towing issue. I can tell you that my R/T Durango did
ping while towing only under servere conditions 15-110 degrees with 2 sea
doo's nd 4 people with luggage.

Scott Q