Re: Crate engine queries

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 12:12:39 EDT

The mount tabs are there, but they have to be drilled out and tapped. If
you're careful you can do it yourself very easily with a hand drill and the
proper tap. I had to do it myself to my 360, it was set up for a van and the
front mount tabs were drilled out, but not the mid-engine mounts that the Dak
uses. Took me about 20 minutes to drill the holes, tap it out, and clean out
the hole of any shavings with brake cleaner. Just put tape on the drill bit
and the tap bit to make sure you don't go too deep into the engine. Use the
existing holes on your old block to determine the depth. Good luck.

In a message dated 10/28/00 11:34:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mark_pryer@hotmail.com writes:

> Yo does anyonw know where the motor mounts are located oin the crate
> engines? Are they Magnum blocks or are the y the older style blocks?? Would
> it bolt up right to a gen 2 engine bay, or would it require new mounts??
> Mark

-Austin
Vipertruck - "The Anti-Rice"
Supercharged 3.9L - 360 Work in progress
<A HREF="www.angelfire.com/ny/vipertruck">The Vipertruck</A>