Re[4]: Re: DODGE SUCKS Need help

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 06:25:46 EST

Well, it's true, if you don't know your rights you for sure don't have any! I
found out mine and can show you how to find out yours. You can contact me and
receive FREE information on exactly what your rights are. Why not join those
of us who are EMPOWERED to do something about it!

Don Mallett
817 847-9497
maldbnsf@aol.com

 Thanks Paul, it is always nice to hear from someone who has had good
service. Usually one only hears about bad service. Our local dealer is
almost funny. Check this.

 Co-workers 99 jeep: leaky front windshield. They said it was under warranty
and it would be fixed that day. They were busy and said that it was done,
but the sealant needed to dry. Another day. Not dry yet, wait another day.
Third day, they said it wasn't under warranty and they couldn't do the
repair. HUH ??? Okay, we would go pick it up. Here's the key. Open the
drivers door and water pours out. The entire jeep was flooded. They had used
a hose to check for leaks, but filled the jeep. Not even the service manager
would cop to it, everyone threw up their hands and said it wasn't their fault
that the window leaked. Sigh.

  I bought a used car under warranty from the same people. The power
steering unit sprung a huge leak so I called and brought it in. I dumped a
bunch of fluid into the reservoir so I could get to the shop. The car was
pouring white blue/white smoke while waiting in line at 6:30 in the am. Told
them the power steering system was leaking heavily and it was VERY VERY hard
to turn the steering wheel. They called me back and said that I had
overfilled the reservoir and that the water pump was bad. HUH ????????? I
said that was okay, but I wanted it in writing that I complained of a leaky
power steering unit and it was hard to steer and that the diagnosis was a bad
water pump. He said he would have another look ... suprise suprise, he said
the entire steering rack was bad! And the water pump and the alternator.
Whatever, it was under warranty. Sigh. Idiots.

My wife bought a new (at the time) 1997 minivan from them.
         About a year in it started running badly. It idled fine, but
         anything more than that, nasty running. As though it was
         missing, so I checked the plugs and so forth. I couldn't find
         anything so we took it in. Six months and 3 visits they said
         that 1997 minivans actually just ran badly. That is how they
         are. HAHHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHHAH, riight. So we looked for
         another dealership. We found one and mentioned our luck with
         the one service department. They nodded and said they get
         calls every day pleading with them to take in their car or
         truck because this one dealership is ruining their cars.
         Anyway, these guys found the bad coil within 30 minutes,
         replaced it, and we were on the road in less than an hour.
         For free. They had no idea how anyone could have missed it,
         it showed up on their diagnostic. computer, they even pointed
         it out how obvious it was. Sigh.

         So, for those of you that think just because your dealership
         is doing fine, remember you are ONE out of many. There are
         thousands of people out there that are getting screwed. Some
         sue and stand up for their rights and some do not. Some can
         not. Some have no means of hiring lawyers. I know that if
         something came up that I would not be able to hire a damn
         lawyer. Nope.

         And yup, I am a ramble-ass. Weeeee !