Re: Interior carpet alternative

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 09:35:37 EST

> The carpet in my 93 5 speed CC is in pretty bad shape. It's seen 190K so
> I've been expecting it. If possible though, I'd like to switch from
> carpeting to may be a rubber utility type flooring. Did the CC come with
> this ever, or can I get it somewhere. I also thinking about applying a
> rubberize liner (Line-X, Rhino, etc.). Has anyone done this? Should
there
> be much noise/temp insulation difference by going a certain route over the
> others?
>
> Any input is welcome here gang. I need to get this done by the next two
> weeks before winter comes and I lose access to a garage :)

Mike,
The recent Four Wheeler magazine did this with the Turtle V F-550's
interior. They gutted out the factory carpeting and had it sprayed with
Rhino Liner. This is also very common within the Jeeping world, for ease of
cleanup and rust prevention. I think it would look awesome!
Most people say the liner does a good job of sound deadening. Otherwise, I
think JC Whitney sells complete interior carpeting kits for Daks, not 100%
sure though. I think you should be able to find something online if you
search the internet. Good Luck.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6