was clutch fan now hydraulic fan

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 13:10:55 EST

Anybody see the fan used on late model Camrays and Lexus models? It is neither
electric or driven by the engine belts rather it uses the flow of otherwise
wasted power steering fluid already circulating in the power steering system.
Now we all have a power steering pump that runs all the time and I don't think
any of us would want no power steering on our daks so what does it cost to let
it run the fan to cool the radiator. It is silent also. Find one and check it
out! I think it is on all late model V6 and maybe V8s also. They have been
using this fan for several years. It uses very little underhood space also.