Re: Re: new 270hp S-10

From: Sean Bruckman (bruckman@urisp.com)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 16:32:00 EST

I think what needs to be said here is that:

1) the lightning is faster, but no breakthrough! it's supercharged and
therefore not in the same catagory. just because it's supercharged doesn't
make it a better engine. there is nothing, i repeat, nothing special about
the lightning. take a look at the 300M "Special" concept that cranks 300 hp
and 290+ lb.ft. of torque N/A out of a 3.5L V6. THAT is something special.
(the lightning would have to produce 463hp on premium gas WITHOUT the
supercharger/intercooler to achieve that specific output)

2) Ryan is right, the 4.7 and 5.7 are amazing high-tech engines. so, they
are better engines. so, dodge is ahead.

3) the s-10 is lighter, and a more favorable power-to-weight ratio.
unfortunately for your argument we're talking about the next-gen s10, which
is a midsize truck and about the same weight as us, theoretically.

So what i'm saying is, when the unibody, next-gen S-10 with a 4.8L V8 comes
out, we will still be dusting them in HO 4.7L's with 325 horse, stock.

Sean Bruckman