Custom computer programming?

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 01:16:29 EST

Okay, I believe I'm gonna get a S/C, and I want to look into other things
like a custom reprogrammed computer chip. I live in the Kansas City area
and would like to know who reprograms these computers. I want to have it
specifically tailored so I can get a few extra ponies out of the "anemic"
v6.

How much does this service cost and how much time will it take? The Company
ATI procharger is about 15 minutes away from my house and I wonder if they
have the capabilities to reprogram my computer. (it's a 97 v6 auto just for
reference-so hypertech hasn't made a PTM for it yet)

Is there ANY other way to have it reprogrammed, other than by someone else?
Is there a program that would hook up into a laptop and allow me to just
change a couple settings here and there?

How about if I called Hypertech of Jet Chips? would they be able to do it?
-Dester