Re: New best time! Now: 13s on motor...

From: Charles Smith (dak99rt@home.net)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 20:15:28 EST

> Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 18:46:06 -0500
> From: Terry Herrin <therrin@isaac.net>
> Subject: Re: DML: New best time! Now: 13s on motor...
>
> On Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:23:16 -0000, "Charles Smith" <dak99rt@home.net>
> wrote:
> >My R/T is running faster than that N/A. here was my post to the R/T list
> >last night. (BTW Shane Baker ran a N/A 13.9 @ 96 also)
> >I finally got into the 13s today! No nitrous or supercharger. My prev
>
> To be fair, Charles owns a Regular Cab and I own a Club Cab, so I'm
> still happy with my 14.4. :-) Even with a RC though, I still
> wouldn't be as fast as Charles, and he's doing it on stock rubber!
> Just amazing!
>
> Terry Herrin
> 99 FR CC R/T
> 14.769 @ 91.43
> Wilmington, NC
> http://users.isaac.net/therrin/dakota.html

Thanks Terry, I have worked very hard for that 13 second run. ;) You are
flying too for the extra weight. Congrats! Not too many N/A CCs quicker than
you at all. You have worked very hard also and deserve it. ;) The 360 isnt
the worlds highest tech motor but it's not as bad as many say it is. I wish
Hot Rod mag would choose one of our trucks to do an article on... not a
biased one that runs whatever the highest paying advertiser wants them too.
They need to test Throttle bodys and combos that work... not just stuff they
throw on the truck and hope to work.
TTYL,
Charles Smith